Icon Treatment – Westminster, CO
Quickly and Painlessly Vanquish White Spots
Do you suffer from unsightly white spots on your teeth? These little imperfections often occur due to issues such as fluorosis, demineralization, trauma, poor oral hygiene, or discoloration that occurs after orthodontic treatment. In the past, the only way to treat these white spot lesions (WSLs) involved shots, drilling, and resin or porcelain restorations. Today, however, an easier alternative is available. Dr. Bancroft is proud to offer Icon treatment, an innovative and painless way to erase that lesions without the need for a highly invasive dental procedure.
How Icon Works
WSLs occur due to an imbalance of mineralization and remineralization on the teeth. Simply put, some portions of the enamel contain a higher concentration of minerals than other portions, which leads to uneven coloration. The lesions are areas where minerals can’t access deeper portions of the enamel; they look white because of the way light scatters when it hits the lesions.
Here is how Icon works to correct WSLs and enamel bruising:
- Dr. Bancroft, a skilled general and cosmetic dentist, uses micro-abrasion to expose the tubules of the tooth. Then, she applies an etching material to the tooth multiple times. These steps will ensure that the resin, which is responsible for the color correction, is able to properly soak into the tooth.
- She keeps the tooth try while applying a special resin. The resin infiltrates the lesion and soaks into the tooth. It forms a bond with the tooth’s structure.
- The dentist removes the extra resin, then uses a light to harden the portion of it that remains in the teeth.
- Dr. Bancroft polishes the teeth to complete the new look. After treatment, your teeth should have a significantly more uniform appearance than they did before.
- From beginning to end, an Icon treatment may last around one hour.
Advantages of Icon
Icon’s most outstanding benefits include:
- It is painless, and there are no needles involved.
- Icon saves as much healthy tooth structure as possible.
- Unlike other treatments for WSLs, Icon is suitable for children. In fact, it is an appropriate treatment for most individuals who have white spots on their teeth due to fluorosis, orthodontia, and other factors.
- Icon is less expensive than alternative treatments, including porcelain veneers.
- The results of the treatment may last for a few years before you need to come in for a touchup.
- Untreated WSLs usually look worse after traditional teeth whitening treatments. Icon-treated WSLs, on the other hand, let you take full advantage of whitening treatments.
Are you ready to learn if Icon could improve your smile’s appearance? Contact J.B. Dental to ask about this innovative cosmetic treatment today.